Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Baggage Boater

I spent all of last weekend on my first paid baggage boater trip with NAU outdoors. Its something I had never really done before... I knew the river, but I went from messing around in kayaks with not much responsibilities to being behind a large oar rig. But I have to say, it was awesome!


When we arrived we rigged up the boats in the dark, and slept on pads on our respective rafts, waiting for the participants the next morning. I woke up to see this amazing October sunrise. I had forgotten about the fall colors in all the rush of the day before. The sunrise that night at the River House camp was not bad either.


We were even lucky to have many close interactions with the Bighorn Sheep:


As we drove back to Flagstaff I had time to reflect on how relaxing river trips always are for me and how important it is to do frequently. Its not often I can lay down on a boat in a canyon, and have hours of uninterrupted stress free sleep under the stars. Nothing to worry about, only time to clear the mind. And lastly: The Milky Way.


No comments:

Post a Comment